April 4, 2009

I'm Addicted .... To Sewing!!

I have found a new hobby and I think I am OBSESSED!!! 


I have started sewing!! For those of you in my family that are thinking, wow she is sewing , it really is a lot of fun. I just love the creativity and the feeling of MAKING something on your own ... well not really on my own, but for the most part. I have started searching the web for patterns and tutorials for pillowcase dresses. (For those of you who don't know know what they are .... NO they are not made out of a pillowcase!!) The fabric, once sewn into the tube, looks like a pillowcase. I am having so much fun matching fabrics and coming up with new ideas. I recently made one for my good friend Alison for her baby shower. I was pretty proud of how it turned out. Seeing as I hadn't touched a sewing machine since I was in the 7th grade. The last few nights Erin has been over and we have been up until 1:30am!! Seriously I can't walk away. Tonight I finally had to force myself to walk away and turn off the machine. Until tomorrow when I can get back on and start on my new project. Here are some pics of what I have accomplished in the last few days .... 


This was for Lyla ... 

This one I made for Kate ... start to finish on my own!!!




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved the dress!!! Super cute, can't wait to put it on my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on hellomynameisheather! The clothes you've made are beautiful! I wondered if you used a pattern for this dress? I've been looking around at different ones, but yours looks just like what I am looking for!

    ReplyDelete