February 11, 2009

When it rains ..... it pours!!

So I was sitting here this morning thinking to myself that my patience has been well tested in the last few weeks. With me recovering from a fairly minor outpatient surgery, to Addison having RSV, a double ear infection, and also pneumonia. We dodged a possible hospital admittance. Things were looking up the last couple of days. Addison's test results came back normal. Her chest x-ray came back normal. We can now cut down to 2 breathing treatments during the day, and then as needed. I felt like I could finally get back to "normal" life as it were. Then it hit me!! I walked into Addison's room this morning not only to see her smiling face, but also to a completely glued shut eye!! She has PINK EYE!! Just when I thought we were over the hump of eternal sickness in the Brown household, this hits us.

I took her to the doctor this morning (to which he looked at her for about 2.5 seconds and didn't want to come any closer than 4 feet from her.) Apparently this is highly contagious and they prescribed enough medication, in case the other two get it. Seriously could it pour anymore??

I keep telling myself that it can only go up from here!! After all this I will be a calmer, more patient person than I have ever been in my life!!

2 comments:

  1. It sure has been pouring on you guys:( No fun. Poor little Addison:( Things will start to look up I know it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope Addison feels better soon...and doesn't share the pinkeye. :) I LOVE that you blog. I will check it frequently...and by the way, your layout is the cutest I've ever seen!
    I can't wait to come up there again. We had such a great time with you guys and want to hang out again.
    Talk to you soon,
    Alissa :)

    ReplyDelete